Analysts are critical to the success of all aspects of the business and make a meaningful impact on the Praetorian’s operations, direction, and strategic planning.
Analysts at Praetorian are responsible for assisting senior management in decision making regarding potential investments, acquisitions, and trading strategies. Analysts must be adept at conducting due diligence, market research, and data evaluation and be able to effectively communicate their findings in order to help in these decision making processes.
- Create and manipulate cash flow models to help analyze potential investments and acquisitions
- Analyze a company’s financial standings via the use of research reports, financials, public filings and management discussions.
- Identify patterns and macro themes
- Analyze and model esoteric illiquid assets
- Coordinate due diligence and market research on potential investments
- Develop and present financial analyses, reports and presentations to support decision making in situations involving new investments and existing portfolio companies and assets
- Assist in monitoring, management and valuation of existing portfolio of investments
- Equity trading research into risk aversion and alogrithmic trading strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- Independent initiator
- Intellectually curious and emotionally intelligent
- Comfortable with ambiguity and managing multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, flexible, and eager to take on new challenges
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Advanced knowledge of Excel